Root vegetable lyonnaise, pork shoulder, farm egg, frisee, mustard vinaigrette, demi-baguette
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) celery root, shallot, sweet potato, carrot, garlic, parsnip, bacon
- (b) yukon gold potato
- (c) smoked parsnip, braised pork belly
- (d) baguette
- (e) mustard vinaigrette
- (f) frisee, arugula
- (g) farm egg
- skillet or saute pan
- medium sauce pot
- wooden spoon
- small bowl
- slotted spoon
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the pork belly out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the pork belly longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your broiler to high.
- Fill a medium saucepot 2/3 full with water. Put the pot over high heat and bring the water up to a boil. (Complete steps #3-7 of the recipe while you are waiting for the water to come to a boil.)
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the bacon, celery root, carrots, sweet potato, parsnips, shallots and garlic (a) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- While the vegetables and bacon are cooking, open the container of potatoes (b) and use the lid to drain the water from the container. Add the potatoes to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut open the package of pork belly (c) and place into the pan on top of the vegetables. Spread the pieces of pork belly out in the pan. Put the pan in your broiler for 2-3 minutes. Cook until the pork belly is golden brown all over (check every minute). When the pork belly is done, pull the pan from the oven and place on the top of the stove over no heat.
- Turn the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Place the demi-baguette (d) in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Returning to the skillet of pork belly and vegetables, add 1/2 of the mustard vinaigrette (e) to the pan and gently stir. Add the frisee and arugula (f) to the pan. Do not stir, just let it sit in the pan.
- If the pot of water is boiling, remove the eggs from their plastic container. Crack one of the eggs (g) into a small bowl. Place the slotted spoon in the boiling water and swirl it around twice, then drop the egg into the water. Repeat this process for all of the eggs. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 3 minutes.
- While the eggs are poaching, spoon the pork belly and vegetables on to your serving plates. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over top. Remove the bread from the oven and place beside the salad. Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and allow the water to drain. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place an egg on top of each salad.
Delicious! Loved the pork belly!
September 17, 2020