Tarragon Chicken & Rosti
Tarragon marinated chicken breast, celery root & potato rosti, creme fraiche, spinach & apple salad
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) celery root and potato rosti batter
- (b) chicken breast, marinated eggplant
- (c) honeycrisp apple
- (d) spinach
- (e) cider vinaigrette
- (f) tarragon creme fraiche
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
- cutting board & knife
- baking tray lined w/ foil
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Open the container of rosti batter (a) and place on a plate. Divide the batter up so that you can make 1 rosti per person. Use your hands to form the batter into disks (round shape about 1 inch thick and flat on top and bottom).
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. If the oil does not omit a small plume of smoke, wait another 30 seconds before proceeding.
- Place the rosti in the pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip the rosti over and cook the other side for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Using a spatula, remove the rosti from the pan and place on a baking tray lined with foil. Put the tray into your 425 degree oven. Bake for 13 minutes.
- Cut open the package of chicken breast (b) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Wipe out the pan you were using with a paper towel. Put the pan back over medium-high heat for 1 minute. After 1 minute, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken breast to the pan. Sear for 2 minutes. Then flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. After searing, put the skillet of chicken in your preheated 425 degree oven. Bake for 6 minutes.
- While the chicken and rosti are in the oven, prepare the salad. First slice the apple (c) into julienne strips. (Start by slicing the apple into 1/4 inch thick slices. Then take each slice and cut it into 1/4 inch strips.) Place the apple strips in a mixing bowl.
- Add the spinach (d) to the bowl of apple. Pour the cider vinaigrette (e) on top. Mix everything together with tongs or your hands. Taste and add salt and pepper if you wish.
- When the chicken and rosti have finished baking, remove them from the oven. Place the chicken on a cutting board to rest. Gently pick up the rosti by carefully sliding the spatula underneath. Slide the rosti onto your serving plate. Spoon the salad around the rosti.
- Slice the chicken breast into 1/2 inch thick slices. Serve the chicken on top of the salad. Spoon the creme fraiche (f) on top of the dish.
No reviews for this recipe yet!