Steak & Spring Hash
Flank steak, yukon gold potato hash, spring vegetables, creamy salsify sauce, pickled green beans
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) flank steak, cauliflower steak
- (b) yukon gold potato
- (c) asparagus and salsify soup
- (d) asparagus, leeks, snow peas, cremini mushrooms, bacon
- (e) chervil, parsley
- (f) pickled green beans
- skillet or sauté pan
- 2 wooden spoons
- small sauce pot
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the steak out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the steak longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut open the package of steak (a) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the steak in the pan and sear for 2 minutes. While the steak is searing, drain the water from the container of potatoes (b). When the steak has seared for 2 minutes, flip over using tongs, and add the potatoes to the pan. Season the potatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper, then place the skillet into your preheated 425 degree oven. Bake for 4 minutes.
- While the steak and potatoes are cooking, pour the salsify & asparagus puree (c) into a small saucepot. Put the pot on the stove over low heat. Let the sauce warm up while you finish the dish. Remember to stir the sauce occasionally.
- When the steak and potatoes are ready, remove the skillet from the oven. Place the steak on a cutting board to rest. Put the potatoes on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and vegetables (d) to the pan. Stir and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the hash is cooking, place the herbs (e) on a cutting board. Remove and discard the stems and give the leaves a rough chop.
- At this point, the salsify & asparagus puree should be simmering. If not, turn the heat up to medium. When the puree is simmering, turn the heat off.
- When the potato and vegetable hash has cooked for 3 minutes, turn the heat off. Add the chopped herbs to the pan. Gently stir. Slice the steak into 1/2 inch thick slices. If the meat is not cooked to your liking, you can put the slices on a baking tray under the broiler for 1 minute.
- Spoon the salsify & asparagus puree onto your serving plates. Spoon the potato and vegetable hash on top of the puree. Place the steak slices on top of the hash and finish with the pickled cauliflower (f) on top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!