Steak With Roasted Yuca
Flank steak, roasted yuca with radish & asparagus, pineapple chimichurri
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) flank steak, chayote
- (b) pineapple chimichurri
- (c) par cooked yuca
- (d) asparagus, red radish, poblano peppers, celery, leeks
- (e) creamy sherry vinaigrette
- skillet or sauté pan
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- seasoning plate
- For best results, take the steak out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the steak longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Cut open the package of steak (a) and place on a plate. Season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Spoon the pineapple chimichurri (b) on to the steak and turn the steak over a few times in the marinade to coat both sides. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place the steak in the pan and sear for 4 minutes, then flip over using tongs, and sear the other side for 4 minutes. (This will cook the steak to medium-rare. Add 30 seconds of cook time to each side for medium). When the steak has finished cooking, remove from the pan and place on a cutting board to rest.
- Use paper towel or a cloth to carefully wipe out the skillet and then place it back on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour the yuca (c) into the pan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. (Note: if you use a different pan, heat the pan for 2 minutes before adding the oil).
- Saute the yuca for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn the heat off and pour the vegetables (d) into the pan. Flash cook the vegetables for 15 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Spoon the yuca and vegetables into a mixing bowl. Pour the sherry viniagrette (e) over top and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to coat everything with the dressing.
- Slice the steak into 1/2 inch thick slices. If the meat is not cooked to your liking, you can put the slices on a baking tray and broil in your oven for 1 minute.
- Spoon the yuca and spring vegetables on to your serving plates. Place the steak slices on top.
This dish was incredible. The yuca side dish with asparagus, radish, poblano, celery, leeks and a creamy sherry vinaigrette was the surprise of the meal. It was so unique and delicious. I did reduce the cooking time for the flank steak to get a perfect medium rare.