Five Onion Tart & Chicken
Five onion tart, gruyere cheese, roasted chicken breast, greens with balsamic dressing
0 / 5
- (a) tart disk
- (b) knob onions, cippolini onions, shallot, spanish yellow onion, red onion
- (c) gruyere cheese
- (d) chicken breast, roasted beets
- (e) greens
- (f) balsamic dressing
- baking tray
- seasoning plate
- cutting board and knife
- wooden spoon
- serving spoon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Open the package of tart shells (a) and remove them from the package, keeping the parchment paper on the shells. Place the tart shells on a baking sheet (on top of the parchment paper) and place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. (Note: the chicken should sit on your counter while the tarts bake).
- While the tarts are baking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the onions (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. After 3 minutes, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Then remove the pan from the heat and add 1 tbsp of water to the pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan vigorously. Return the skillet to medium heat and and cook for a final 3 minutes until the onions have caramelized.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and carefully spoon the cooked onions on top of each tart. (Note: if the tart has puffed up, gently press it down to create a flat surface for the onions). Then, using your fingers, spread the aged gruyere cheese (c) on top of the onions. Place the tarts back in the oven to bake for 6 minutes.
- While the tarts are in the oven, cut open the package of chicken (d) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Wipe out the skillet and put back on the stove over medium heat for 1 minute. When the pan has warmed up, add a tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken to the pan and sear for 2 minutes, then flip over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. After searing, place the skillet of chicken in your 400 degree oven for 7 minutes.
- When the tarts have baked for 6 minutes, remove them from the oven. Use a spatula to place the tarts on your serving plates. Place the mixed greens (e) on top of the tarts. Open the container of balsamic dressing (f) and stir. Drizzle 1/2 of the dressing on top of the greens.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, remove from the oven and let it rest on a cutting board for 2 minutes. Slice the chicken into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Serve the chicken beside the tarts and drizzle the remaining balsamic dressing over the chicken.
No reviews for this recipe yet!