Cashew Chicken & Green Beans
Black garlic marinated chicken breast, green beans, quinoa, red pepper & cashew butter
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) chicken breast, marinated zucchini(a) chicken breast
- (b) Black Garlic Marinade
- (c) green beans, red pepper
- (d) red pepper cashew butter
- (e) quinoa
- (f) glazed cashews
- skillet or sautÃ© pan
- cutting board & knife
- wooden spoon
- seasoning plate
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut open the package of chicken (a) and place on a plate. Season very lightly on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the black garlic marinade (b) over the chicken and turn the chicken breast over a few times on the plate to coat both sides with marinade. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken in the pan and sear for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, flip the chicken breast over. Add the green beans and red peppers (c) to the pan beside the chicken. Season the vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sear the chicken and vegetables for 2 minutes.
- When the chicken and vegetables have seared for 2 minutes, place the skillet in your 425 degree oven and bake for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, remove the skillet from the oven. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board to rest.
- Put the pan of vegetables on the stovetop over no heat. Add the cashew & red pepper butter (d) to the skillet. Toss gently with tongs until the butter has melted over the green beans and red peppers.Spoon the vegetables onto your serving plates.
- Put the empty skillet back on the stovetop over medium-high heat. (Itâ€™s okay if some cashew & red pepper butter remains in the pan). Add the cooked quinoa (e) to the pan and season lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Spoon the quinoa next to the green beans and red peppers on your serving plates. Slice the chicken breast into 1/2 inch thick slices and place next to the quinoa and vegetables. Sprinkle the glazed cashews (f) over the entire dish.
Sara, family of 5.
Chicken cooked perfectly, according to directions. Cashews and sauce on the side for 2/3 kids. Everyone loved it.
May 20, 2021
Delicious and so easy to make!
September 18, 2020