Chicken & Tomato Bruschetta
Grilled chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, sourdough, avocado & olive oil puree
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) cherry tomatoes
- (b) red onion, anaheim peppers, fennel, garlic
- (c) basil, parsley
- (d) lemon olive oil
- (e) chicken breast, marinated fennel
- (f) sliced & marinated sourdough
- (g) avocado and olive oil puree
- skillet or sauté pan
- cutting board & knife
- 2 seasoning plates
- serving spoons
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes (a) into quarters and place into a mixing bowl. Add the red onion, pepper, garlic and fennel (b) to the bowl. Remove the leaves from the herb stems (c) and give them a rough chop. Add the chopped herbs to the mixing bowl and pour the lemon olive oil on top (d). Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Cut open the package of chicken (e) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the sourdough bread (f) on a plate and season with a pinch of salt and pepper on each side.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken to the pan and sear for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, use tongs to flip the chicken over and sear on the other side for 2 minutes. Then, place the entire skillet into your 425 degree oven for 7 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, place on a cutting board to rest. Wipe out the skillet and put over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the sourdough bread in the pan and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Spread the avocado & olive oil puree (g) onto the bread. Spoon the tomato and herb mixture on top. Slice the bread into 1/2 inch thick slices. Slice the chicken breast and place it on top of the bread.
- Enjoy as you would pizza or bruschetta using your hands or a fork and knife!
No reviews for this recipe yet!