Calabrian Shrimp & Angel Hair
Calabrian shrimp, angel hair pasta, sungold tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) baby kale
- (b) eggplant, spanish yellow onion, garlic
- (c) marinated shrimp, fennel
- (d) angel hair pasta
- (e) calabrese pepper & sungold tomato jam, white wine garlic butter
- (f) fresh mozzarella
- (g) basil, parsley
- skillet or saute pan
- 4-6 quart pot
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- For best results, take the shrimp out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the shrimp longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot 2/3 of the way with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water. (The water should taste salty). Bring to a boil and then start step #3.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the kale (a) to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Stir and then add the eggplant, onion and garlic (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Cut open the package of shrimp (c) and add to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute without stirring, then flip the shrimp over and cook for another minute. Check if the shrimp is done (they should be pink and opaque). If not, flip over and cook for an additional 30-60 seconds.
- While the shrimp are cooking, add the angel hair (d) to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes.
- When the shrimp are done, add the sungold tomato jam & white wine butter (e) to the pan. Stir well to combine the ingredients together and then turn off the heat. Keep the shrimp and vegetables in the pan while you finish the dish.
- Slice the mozzarella (f) into 1/2 inch thick slices. Remove the stems from the basil and parsley leaves (g). Chiffonade the basil and parsley by wrapping the largest leaf around the other leaves and slicing into very thin strips.
- When the pasta has cooked for 4 minutes, strain and add the pasta to the pan of shrimp and vegetables. Put the pan back over low heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to incorporate everything together.
- Spoon the shrimp & pasta into your serving bowls. Place the mozzarella and herbs on top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!