Shrimp Gnudi & Tomato Cream Sauce
Ricotta gnudi, shrimp, tomato cream sauce, pancetta, spinach, fresh herbs
0 / 5
- (a) ricotta gnudi batter
- (b) carrot, garlic, pancetta, red onion
- (c) pickled fennel, marinated shrimp
- (d) smoked tomato sherry cream
- (e) spinach
- (f) basil, oregano
- 4-6 quart pot
- paring knife
- serving spoon
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- For best results, take the shrimp out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the shrimp longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot 2/3 of the way full with water. Season with a pinch of salt and put over high heat to bring up to a boil. When the water is boiling, start making the gnudi. Twist the empty part of the bag of gnudi batter (a) to form the shape of a pastry bag. Cut a corner off of the plastic bag of batter (pick an end where there is a lot of batter). Prime the bag by pushing the batter toward the open corner and pinch the bag around the batter.
- Squeeze the bag of batter in one hand and hold a paring knife in the other. Hold the bag of batter over the pot of boiling water. Squeeze about 1 inch of batter out of the bag and then cut it off with the knife so that it drops into the pot of water. Continue until all of the batter is used up. Adjust the heat so that the water is at a low boil, not a rapid boil. Cook the gnudi for 4 minutes. The gnudi are done when they have all risen to the top of the water. Pour the cooked gnudi into a strainer in your sink and rinse lightly with cool water. Set aside in the strainer.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Add the pancetta, onion and garlic (b) to the pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp (c) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 1 minute, flip the shrimp, and saute for another minute. When the shrimp is cooked to your liking, remove the pan from the heat and pour the tomato sherry cream (d) over the shrimp, pancetta, onion and garlic. Place the pan back on the heat and gently stir to incorporate the ingredients together. Bring the mixture up to a low boil and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- After simmering, add the spinach (e) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and stir. Then add the cooked gnudi to the pan and gently stir. Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the burner.
- Place the basil and oregano (f) on a cutting board. Remove the stems from the leaves and discard the stems. Give the leaves a rough chop.
- Spoon the shrimp and gnudi mixture on to your serving plates. Top with the fresh herbs.
No reviews for this recipe yet!