Pancetta & Wild Mushroom Fricassee
Wild mushroom fricassee, crispy pancetta, smoked potato puree, farm egg, truffle & parmesan baguette
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) farm egg
- (b) truffled baguette
- (c) cremini mushroom, pancetta, shallot, oyster mushrooms
- (d) radicchio, frisee
- (e) smokey potato puree
- (f) sherry vinegar
- skillet or saute pan
- slotted spoon
- small sauce pot
- serving spoon
- wooden spoon
- small bowls
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Fill a saucepot 2/3 of the way full with water. Bring the water up to a boil on high heat. Crack the eggs (a) into individual bowls. Season lightly with salt & pepper and set aside. When the water comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium and let the water simmer until you are ready to use it in step #6.
- Place the baguette (b) in your preheated 400 degree oven on the middle rack. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the crust starts to turn golden brown.
- While the bread is baking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the mushrooms, garlic, shallots & pancetta (c). Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 minutes, turn the heat down to low and add the frisee and radicchio (d) to the pan. Stir and season lightly with salt and pepper. Keep the heat on low and let the mushroom and pancetta mixture cook while you finish the dish.
- Return to the saucepot of simmering water and prepare to poach the eggs. Use a slotted spoon to carefully swirl the boiling water in the pot a few times. With your other hand, quickly but gently pour the eggs into the water one at a time in one fluid motion. Let the eggs poach in the water for 3 minutes.
- At this point, your baguette should be done. Remove from the oven and let it rest.
- Partially open the lid on the container of potato puree (e) and place in the microwave. Warm for 30 seconds.
- While the puree is warming, add the sherry vinegar (f) to the mushroom and pancetta mixture in the pan. Stir well to incorporate.
- Evenly spoon the potato puree on to your serving plates. Using the back of the spoon, spread the puree out into a circle so that it covers about 50% of the plate. Spoon the mushroom and pancetta fricassee on top of the puree.
- After 3 minutes of poaching, use the slotted spoon to remove the eggs individually from the pot and let them drain in the spoon for a few seconds. Serve on top of the fricassee. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Slice the baguette and serve on the side.
No reviews for this recipe yet!