Barbecue Chicken & Blue Cheese Grits
Barbecue chicken breast, green beans, blue cheese grits, pomegranate
0 / 5
- (a) vegetable stock, milk
- (b) white cornmeal
- (c) chicken breast, portobello
- (d) green beans
- (e) pomegranite bbq sauce
- (f) blue cheese, mascarpone
- sauce pot
- wooden spoon
- skillet or sauté pan
- knife & cutting board
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Take note of how much milk & stock (a) is in the container. Then pour the milk & stock into a saucepot, and add the same amount of water to the saucepot. Stir well. Put the pot over high heat and bring the mixture up to a boil.
- When the mixture is boiling, slowly add the cornmeal (b) to the saucepot while you stir with a whisk. Turn the heat down to low and continue stirring with the whisk for about 1 minute to incorporate the cornmeal into the liquid. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- While the grits are cooking, cut open the package of chicken (c) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken in the pan and sear for 2 minutes, then flip the chicken over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. (If making 4+ servings, sear for 3 minutes on each side). After searing, put the skillet of chicken in your preheated 425 degree oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Continue to stir the grits occasionally while the chicken is in the oven. When the chicken has finished baking, remove from the oven and place on a cutting board to rest.
- Wipe out the pan you used for the chicken and place back on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the green beans (d) to the pan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Then remove the pan from the heat and add 1 tbsp of water (per serving) to the pan. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- While the green beans are simmering, slice the chicken breast into 1/2 inch thick slices. Spoon 1/2 of the pomegranate bbq sauce (e) over top.
- At this point, your grits should be done. Remove from the heat and add the blue cheese and mascarpone (f) to the grits. Stir well to incorporate the cheese.
- Spoon the grits on to your serving plates. Place the chicken slices and green beans on top. Drizzle the remaining bbq sauce over the dish.
No reviews for this recipe yet!