Steak With Potato & Cauliflower Gratin
Roasted flank steak, fingerling potato & cauliflower gratin, blackberry sauce
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) foil cups
- (b) fingerling potato
- (c) cauliflower
- (d) alfredo sauce
- (e) flank steak
- (f) blackberry sauce
- baking tray with foil
- small sauce pot
- wooden spoon
- skillet or sauté pan
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Place the foil cups (a) onto a baking tray lined with foil. Leave the steak on the counter to temper while you prepare the gratin.
- Add the potatoes (b) and cauliflower (c) to a small saucepot. Pour the gratin sauce (d) over the vegetables in the pot. Place the pot over medium heat and slowly bring up to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Once simmering, adjust the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- After simmering, carefully spoon the vegetables and gratin sauce into the foil cups. Place the baking tray into your preheated 425 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- When the gratin vegetables have baked for 10 minutes, cut open the package of steak (e) and place on a plate. Season both sides of the meat with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the steak in the pan and sear for 4 minutes (sear for 5 minutes if preparing 4+ servings).
- While the steak is cooking, periodically check on the gratin vegetables. The gratin is ready when it is bubbling and browned on the top.
- When the steak has seared for 4 minutes, flip it over and sear the other side for 3 minutes (4 minutes if preparing 4+ servings). After searing, remove the steak from the pan and place on a cutting board to rest.
- At this point your gratin vegetables should be ready. Remove from the oven and carefully spoon the gratin onto one side of your serving plates. Slice the steak into 1/2 inch thick slices and place beside the gratin. Drizzle the blackberry sauce (f) over the steak.
No reviews for this recipe yet!