Moroccan Style Steak & Lentil Fritters
Flat iron steak, black lentil fritter, charred scallion yogurt sauce, roasted broccoli & peppers
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) black lentil fritter
- (b) broccoli, shishito pepper
- (c) flat iron steak, marinated zucchini
- (d) parsley
- (e) charred scallion yogurt sauce
- skillet or sauté pan
- dinner spoon
- baking tray lined w/ foil
- paper towel
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the steak out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the steak longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan plus a little extra. Open the package of black lentil fritter batter (a) and stir with a large dinner spoon. Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter into the heated pan about 1 inch apart from each other. Press the batter down gently with the back of the spoon. You should have enough to make 2 fritters per person. Cook the fritters for 90 seconds without touching them, then flip over with a spatula and sear the other side for 90 seconds. After searing, place the fritters on a baking tray lined with foil (leave enough room on the tray for the steak and vegetables).
- Use a paper towel to carefully wipe out the inside of the skillet or saute pan you were using. Place the pan back on the stovetop over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour the cauliflower and shishito peppers (b) into the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for one minute and then add the vegetables to the baking tray beside the lentil fritters.
- Again carefully wipe out the pan with a paper towel and place back on the stovetop over medium-high heat. If the pan looks dry, add another tbsp of oil. Cut open the package of steak (c) and place on a plate.
- Season both sides of the meat with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the steak in the pan and sear for 2 minutes, then use tongs to flip the meat over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. (If you are preparing 4+ servings, sear the meat for 3 minutes on each side). After searing, place the steak on the baking tray beside the fritters and vegetables. Put the tray in your preheated 425 degree oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- While the steak and fritters are baking, chiffonade the parsley (d). Wrap the largest parsley leaf around the other leaves. Slice the parsley into thin strips.
- Spoon the scallion yogurt sauce (e) in the center of your serving plates. Use the back of a spoon to spread the sauce out to cover about 50% of the plate.
- When the steak, fritters and vegetables have finished baking, remove the tray from the oven. Let the steak rest on a cutting board for 2 minutes. Place the fritters and vegetables on top of the yogurt sauce. Slice the steak into 1/2 inch thick slices and place beside the fritters. Sprinkle parsley over the dish.
No reviews for this recipe yet!