Steak Fajita Rice Bowl
Family-friendly chili marinated sirloin, black beans, avocado crema, rice, peppers, fajita sauce
0 / 5
- (a) jasmine rice
- (b) chili rubbed sirloin, cremini mushroom
- (c) poblano peppers, red pepper, red onion
- (d) cooked black beans
- (e) fajita sauce
- (f) cheddar
- (g) avocado crema
- wooden spoon
- skillet or saute pan
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the sirloin out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the sirloin longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Pour the jasmine rice (a) into a small saucepot. Add 1/2 cup of water (for each serving you are preparing) to the rice. Put the saucepot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer. Do not stir. Once simmering, stir the rice three times and then turn down to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the sirloin (b) to the pan and use tongs to spread the pieces of meat out evenly in the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes without stirring. After 2 minutes, stir and turn the pieces of sirloin over. Then cook for another minute.
- Add the peppers and onion (c) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to mix the vegetables with the sirloin. Cook for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Add the black beans (d) to the pan and pour the fajita sauce (e) over the sirloin, vegetables and black beans. Stir well to mix everything together. Put the pan back over medium-high heat and bring the mixture up to a simmer. Once simmering, cook for 2 minutes.
- At this point, your rice should be ready. Spoon the rice on to your serving plates. Spoon the sirloin fajita mixture on top of the rice. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar (f) over the dish. Spoon the avocado crema (g) on top or on the side.
No reviews for this recipe yet!