Chicken & Broccoli Macaroni And Cheese
Family-friendly meal: penne pasta, cubed chicken, broccoli florets, cheese sauce, breadcrumbs
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) penne pasta
- (b) cubed chicken
- (c) broccoli
- (d) five cheese sauce
- (e) bread crumbs
- 4-6 quart pot
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot 2/3 of the way full with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water
- (the water should taste salty). When the water has come up to a boil, add the penne pasta (a) to the pot. Cook for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Wait until the pasta has cooked for 6 minutes, and then heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the cubes of chicken (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes without stirring, then turn each piece of chicken over. Add the broccoli (c) to the pan and cook for another minute.
- When the pasta has finished cooking, strain the water. Add the pasta to the pan of chicken and broccoli.
- Pour the cheese sauce (d) over the chicken, broccoli and penne. Gently stir to coat everything in the sauce. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs (e) over top.
- Put the skillet into your preheated 425 degree oven. Bake for 8 minutes.
- When the pasta has finished baking, remove from the oven and let it rest for 1 minute. Spoon onto your serving plates.
No reviews for this recipe yet!