Tallboy Taco Latin Skirt Steak With Crispy Potatoes
Collaboration with Tallboy Taco restaurant: skirt steak, crispy potatoes, salsa cruda, cilantro lime butter
0 / 5
- (a) blanched red potatoes
- (b) seasoned flour
- (c) skirt steak
- (d) cilantro lime butter
- (e) salsa cruda
- 2 plates for seasoning
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- baking tray with foil
- mixing bowl
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the steak out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the steak longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Pour the potatoes (a) into a mixing bowl and pour the seasoned wondra flour (b) over the potatoes. Gently shake the bowl until the flour coats the potatoes.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, or enough to coat the bottom of the pan plus a little extra. Add the potatoes to the pan and spread them out so that each potato is in contact with the bottom of the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes without stirring. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes (for a total of 4 minutes).
- When the potatoes have cooked for 4 minutes, remove them from the pan and place on a baking tray lined with foil. Place the tray of potatoes in your 325 degree oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, cut open the package of steak (c) and place on a plate. Season the steak on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a paper towel to wipe out the saute pan you used for the potatoes. Heat the pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan.
- Place the steak in the pan and cook for 2 and 1/2 minutes, then use tongs to flip the steak over and cook for another 2 and 1/2 minutes. (If you are preparing 4+ servings, cook the steak for an extra minute on each side). After the steak has finished cooking, place on a cutting board to rest. Place the pat of cilantro lime butter (d) on each piece of steak and let it melt while you finish the dish.
- At this point, your potatoes should be ready. Remove from the oven and pour into a mixing bowl. Pour the salsa cruda (e) on top of the potatoes and gently toss to coat the potatoes with salsa.
- Spoon the potatoes onto your serving plates. Remove any unmelted pieces of butter from the steak. Place the steak beside the potatoes.
No reviews for this recipe yet!