Shrimp Fried Rice
Chili marinated shrimp, vietnamese fried brown rice, farm egg, edamame, fresh herbs
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) farm egg
- (b) garlic, carrot, cremini mushroom, spanish yellow onion, poblano peppers, broccoli, edamame
- (c) extra vegetables, marinated shrimp
- (d) seasoning sauce
- (e) cooked brown rice
- (f) mint sprigs, cilantro
- skillet or saute pan
- large saucepot
- mixing bowl
- slotted spoon
- wooden spoon
- small cup
- paper towel or cloth
- For best results, take the shrimp out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the shrimp longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a saucepot 2/3 full with water. Add 1 tbsp of salt to the pot. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Crack the first egg (a) into a small cup and set aside. When the water reaches a boil, start step #3.
- Heat a skillet or sauté pan over high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the vegetables (b) to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Then add the shrimp (c) to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add 1/2 of the seasoning sauce (d) to the pan. Stir vigorously to incorporate the ingredients together and then pour the mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel or cloth, and return the pan to the stovetop over high heat. Add 2 tsp of olive oil (per 2 servings) to the pan, and then add the rice (e). Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour the remaining seasoning sauce over the rice and stir well for 30 seconds. Add the rice to the bowl of shrimp and vegetables. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Taste and add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Pull the stems from the herbs (f). Discard the stems and add the leaves to the bowl of shrimp, rice and vegetables. Toss gently to incorporate.
- Prepare to poach the eggs. Take a slotted spoon and carefully swirl it around in the pot of boiling water. Using your other hand, quickly add the egg (from the cup into the pot) in one fluid motion and then turn the heat down to medium-low. Crack the second egg into the same cup and repeat the process for all of the eggs you are preparing.
- Let the eggs sit in the water for 3 minutes. While the eggs are cooking, spoon the shrimp, rice and vegetables into your serving bowls.
- After 3 minutes, use the slotted spoon to remove the eggs individually from the pot and let them drain in the spoon for a few seconds. Serve on top of the shrimp fried rice.
No reviews for this recipe yet!