Hoisin Glazed Shrimp
Hoisin glazed shrimp with coconut rice, stir fry green beans & broccoli, chopped peanuts
0 / 5
- (a) jasmine rice
- (b) water, coconut milk, ginger, red onion, garlic
- (c) green beans, broccoli, poblano peppers
- (d) marinated shrimp, marinated tofu
- (e) hoisin sauce
- (f) peanuts
- saucepot with lid or foil, wooden spoon, scissors, skillet or saute pan, tongs, wooden spoon, serving spoon
- For best results, take the shrimp out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the shrimp longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Pour the jasmine rice (a) into a small saucepot. Add the coconut milk & water mixture (b) to the rice plus a pinch of salt. Put the pot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer. Do not stir. Once simmering, stir the rice three times and then turn down to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 11-13 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the green beans, broccoli and peppers (c) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add the marinated shrimp (d) to the pan. Spread the shrimp out so that each piece of shrimp is touching the bottom of the pan. Sear for 90 seconds, then flip each shrimp over and sear the other side for 90 seconds.
- After searing the shrimp, pour the hoisin sauce (e) over the shrimp and vegetables. Use a wooden spoon to coat everything with the sauce. Turn the heat off but keep the pan on the burner. Let the shrimp and vegetables rest in the pan for 1 minute.
- At this point, the rice should be ready. Gently stir and fluff with a fork.
- Spoon the coconut rice on to your serving plates. Add the shrimp and vegetables on top of the rice. Sprinkle chopped peanuts (f) over the dish.
No reviews for this recipe yet!