Skirt Steak With Sweet Potato Hash
Chili rubbed skirt steak with sweet potato & chorizo hash, black bean crema
0 / 5
- (a) skirt steak
- (b) chili rub
- (c) chorizo
- (d) sweet potato, poblano peppers, spanish yellow onion
- (e) black bean crema
- seasoning plate
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the steak out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the steak longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut open the package of steak (a) and place on a plate. Season lightly on both sides with salt and pepper. Pour 1/2 of the chili rub (b) on the steak and use your hands to evenly coat the steak and rub the spices into the meat. Flip the steak over, pour the remaining 1/2 of the chili rub on the steak and repeat.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the steak in the pan. Sear for 2 minutes, then flip over and sear the other side for 2 minutes.
- After searing, place the steak back on the seasoning plate. Add the chorizo (c) to the pan and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 90 seconds. Then add the sweet potato, peppers and onion (d) to the pan. Saute the chorizo and vegetables for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to spread everything out evenly in the pan.
- After 4 minutes, place the seared steak on top of the chorizo and sweet potato hash. Put the pan in the oven. Bake for 6 minutes.
- When the steak and chorizo & sweet potato hash has finished baking, remove from the oven. Place the steak on a cutting board to rest.
- Crack open the lid on the container of black bean crema (e). Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds to warm it up.
- Spoon the black bean crema on to your serving plates. Spoon the chorizo & sweet potato hash on top of the crema. Slice the steak and place on top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!