Wild Boar Sloppy Joes
Sloppy joe sandwiches of wild boar on brioche buns with crispy onions, served with baked sweet potato fries
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) sweet potato
- (b) ground wild boar
- (c) sloppy joe sauce
- (d) brioche bun
- (e) crispy onions
- (f) pickled jalapeno
- baking tray with foil
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- plate with paper towel
- serving spoon
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Lay out the sweet potato batons (a) on a baking tray lined with foil. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil (for every serving you are preparing) over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat all of the pieces with oil. Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt and pepper over the sweet potatoes. Put the tray in your 325 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut open the package of wild boar (b) and add to the pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. When the meat looks cooked through, spoon on to a plate lined with paper towel to drain the fat.
- Add the wild boar meat back to the pan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the sloppy joe sauce (c) over the meat. Use a wooden spoon to mix the meat with the sauce. Bring the mixture up to a simmer and then reduce the heat to medium-low or low to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- When the sweet potato fries have baked for 15 minutes, rotate the baking tray 180 degrees. Turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to slice open the brioche buns (d). Place on a plate.
- When the meat and sauce has finished simmering, spoon on to your buns. Remove the sweet potato fries from the oven and place beside the sandwiches. Top each sloppy joe with some crispy onions (e) and pickled jalapeno (f).
Jules from Lakeview
Whenever this is on the menu we know we're getting this! One of our all time favorites
February 12, 2021