Thai Peanut Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Thai peanut shrimp, romaine cups, somen noodle & carrot salad, fresh mint
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) somen noodles
- (b) carrot, napa cabbage
- (c) sriracha aioli
- (d) marinated shrimp, marinated cremini mushroom
- (e) pad thai sauce
- (f) bibb lettuce
- (g) mint sprigs
- medium saucepot
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the shrimp out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the shrimp longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a medium saucepot 2/3 of the way full with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Lightly salt the water. When the water is boiling, add the somen noodles (a) to the pot. Cook for 1 and 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the noodles have cooked, pour into a strainer and then rinse with cool water.
- Pour the napa cabbage and carrots (b) into a mixing bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the cooked noodles to the bowl. Gently toss. The sriracha aioli (c) is spicy - pour as much or as little as you want into the bowl and mix again to coat the noodles and vegetables with the dressing. Set aside.
- Cut open the package of shrimp (d) and place on a plate. Season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 90 seconds, then flip the shrimp over and cook the other side for 60 seconds (or until the shrimp is opaque).
- When the shrimp is cooked to your liking, add the peanut sauce (e) to the pan. Stir well to coat the shrimp with the sauce. Taste and add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Lay out a piece of lettuce (f) on your serving plate. Spoon the noodle salad and shrimp into the lettuce leaf. Top with mint (g) if you wish.
No reviews for this recipe yet!