Greek Lamb Burger & Roasted Potatoes
Ground lamb, feta cheese, brioche bun, marinated cucumbers, herb roasted potatoes
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) fingerling potatoes
- (b) herbs
- (c) ground lamb, impossible burger
- (d) crumbled feta
- (e) brioche bun
- (f) cucumber, Low Fat Yogurt, sherry vinegar
- baking tray lined with foil
- paper towel
- skillet or saute pan
- basting / pastry brush
- baking tray
- dinner spoon
- For best results, take the ground lamb out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the burgers longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit and turn on your outdoor grill to high heat.
- Open the container of potatoes (a) and use the lid to drain the water. Lay the potatoes out on a baking tray lined with foil or parchment. Use paper towel to pat the potatoes dry. Drizzle 2 tsp of oil (for each serving you are preparing) over the potatoes. Toss with tongs or your hands to coat the potatoes with oil, and spread them out evenly on the tray. Sprinkle the herbs (b) over the potatoes. Place the baking tray in your preheated 325 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, cut open the package of ground lamb (c). Form into burger patties that are about the same size as the brioche buns. Season each pattie on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on a plate.
- We recommend cooking the burgers on your outdoor grill. Grill over high heat (with the lid closed) for 3-5 minutes on each side (grill time varies depending on the heat of your grill and how well done you want the meat). Use 1/2 of the feta (d) and place on top of the burgers in the last 1-2 minutes of grilling.
- If you prefer cooking on your stovetop, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the lamb burgers in the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you want the meat. Then top the burgers with 1/2 of the feta (d) and put the pan in your oven for 1-2 minutes.
- When the potatoes have roasted for 10 minutes, turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees. Bake the potatoes for 5 more minutes or until golden brown. When they are done, remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining feta cheese over top.
- Brush the insides of the brioche buns (e) with a small amount of oil. Place face-down on the grill or on a baking sheet in your oven. Warm until toasted.
- When the burgers are ready, place inside the brioche buns. Serve the roasted potatoes on the side. Spoon the yogurt marinated cucumbers (f) on top of the burgers or serve on the side.
No reviews for this recipe yet!