Chicken Breast & Sweet Corn Chowder
Chicken breast, sweet corn chowder, yukon gold potato, bacon, truffle oil
5 / 5
- (a) chicken breast, broccoli
- (b) yukon gold potato
- (c) bacon, smoked sweet potato, spanish yellow onion, celery, corn
- (d) corn chowder
- (e) truffled herb oil
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut open the package of chicken (a) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a generous pinch of salt & pepper. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken breast in the pan and sear for 2 minutes.
- While the chicken is searing, crack open the container of potatoes (b) and drain the water. Add the potatoes to the pan and spread them out around the chicken so that each piece of potato is touching the pan. Lightly season the potatoes with salt and pepper and stir once.
- Use tongs to turn the chicken over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. After searing both sides of the chicken, stir the potatoes once more and place the skillet in your 425 degree oven for 6 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, remove the skillet from the oven and place the chicken on a cutting board to rest. Place the skillet of potatoes back on the stovetop over medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute. Then add the corn, celery, bacon, onion & thyme (c). Season lightly with small pinches of salt and pepper. Stir well to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Saute the potatoes and vegetables for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 4 minutes, add the corn soup (d) to the skillet and bring the mixture up to a simmer. Once simmering, adjust the heat down to medium-low or low to maintain a simmer and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Slice the chicken breast into 1/2 inch thick slices. Spoon the chowder into your serving bowls and place the chicken on top. Drizzle the truffled herb oil (e) over the dish.
May 12, 2018