Chipotle Lime Tilapia Tacos
Tilapia with chipotle lime rub, cabbage, carrot slaw, corn tortillas, creamy avocado dressing
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) tilapia, poblano pepper, marinated cremini mushroom
- (b) Chipotle Lime Rub
- (c) green cabbage, red onion, carrot
- (d) avocado crema
- (e) corn tortilla
- (f) cilantro
- baking tray lined with foil
- mixing bowl
- seasoning plate
- serving spoon
- paper towel
- For best results, take the tilapia out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the fish longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut open the package of tilapia (a) and place on a plate. Pour the chipotle lime rub (b) on top and turn the fish over a few times on the plate to coat with the rub. Transfer the fish to a baking tray lined with foil with the nice-looking “presentation” side facing up.
- Place the baking tray of tilapia in your preheated 450 degree oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the salad. Add the green cabbage, onion and carrot (c) to a mixing bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour 2/3 of the avocado crema (d) over top. Gently stir to coat the vegetables with the dressing.
- When the tilapia has cooked for 8 minutes, take the baking tray out of the oven. Check if the tilapia is done (it should flake apart with a fork and look white throughout). If the tilapia is not done, place back in the oven for another minute. Check again and repeat every minute until the fish is cooked through.
- Cut open the package of tortillas (e) and wrap the tortillas in paper towel. Warm in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Use a fork to flake the fish into chunks. Place the fish in your warm tortillas. Spoon the cabbage and poblano salad on top. Pick the stems from the cilantro (f) and discard. Add the cilantro leaves to your taco. Finish by drizzling the remaining avocado crema inside the taco.
This was so good! The chili crust for the fresh tilapia had a perfect heat, complemented by the sweet potato. The slaw was bright and flavorful. Very tasty!