Cumin Chicken & Southern Succotash
Cumin rubbed chicken breast, edamame, corn and sweet potato succotash, creme fraiche
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) chicken breast, broccoli crowns
- (b) cumin rub
- (c) garlic, cooked black eyed peas, poblano peppers, spanish yellow onion, pumpkin seeds, sweet potato, corn, edamame
- (d) spiced creme fraiche
- (e) cilantro
- (f) queso fresco
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- cutting board
- small spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut open the package of chicken (a) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the cumin rub (b) over the chicken and turn the chicken over a few times to coat both sides with the rub.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken to the pan and sear for 2 minutes, then use tongs to flip the chicken over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. After searing, place the pan of chicken in your preheated 425 degree oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and place the chicken on a cutting board to rest.
- Return the pan to the stovetop over medium heat. If the pan is dry, add 1 tsp of oil. Add the vegetables (c) to the pan to make the succotash. Season lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 3 minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Use a dinner spoon to add the creme fraiche (d) to the vegetables. Stir well to incorporate. Taste and add more salt & pepper if you wish.
- Place the cilantro (e) on a cutting board and give the leaves a rough chop with your knife. Add the chopped cilantro and queso fresco (f) to the pan. Gently stir to incorporate.
- Spoon the succotash onto your serving plates. Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch thick slices and place on top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!