Bourbon Chicken Tacos
Bourbon glazed chicken tacos, napa cabbage & mushrooms, queso fresco, sriracha toasted pumpkin seeds, flour tortillas
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) cremini mushroom, shallot
- (b) napa cabbage
- (c) sriracha aioli
- (d) marinated chicken thigh, marinated tofu
- (e) flour tortilla packs
- (f) sriracha spiced pumpkin seeds
- (g) queso fresco
- mixing bowl
- salad tongs
- wooden spoon
- serving spoon
- dish towel or paper towel
- serving plates & bowls
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the mushrooms and shallots (a) to the pan. Season with a generous pinch of salt and a light pinch of pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the mushrooms and shallots are cooking, pour the napa cabbage (b) into a mixing bowl. Pour half of the sriracha aioli (c) on top and season lightly with salt and pepper. Do not mix. When the mushrooms and shallots have cooked for 2 minutes, add them to the bowl of cabbage and aioli but do not mix.
- Heat the same skillet you were using for the vegetables over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut open the package of chicken (d) and add the chicken to the pan. Season lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to spread the pieces of chicken out in the pan. Cook for 1 minute without stirring
- (cook for 2 minutes if making 4+ servings).
- After 1 minute, flip the chicken pieces over. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Note: if the chicken is browning quickly, lower the heat to medium). After 2 minutes, lower the heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Add an additional 2 minutes to the cook time if making 4+ servings.)
- While the chicken is cooking, toss the mushrooms and cabbage with the aioli in the mixing bowl. Then open the package of flour tortillas (e). Wrap them up in a dish towel or paper towel and warm them in your microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- When the bourbon chicken has finished cooking, spoon into a serving bowl.
- Place the warm tortillas on a plate beside the bowl of bourbon chicken and the bowl of mushroom & cabbage salad. Put out 3 small bowls - one for the remaining aioli, one for the chili spiced peanuts (f) and one for the queso fresco (g). Line them up so everyone can assemble their own tacos.
Very very good
September 17, 2020