Sirloin With Asparagus & Mushrooms
Seared sirloin, asparagus, mushrooms, radish, quinoa, soy vinegar, chinese mustard
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) marinated sirloin, marinated tofu, ginger, garlic, shallot
- (b) carrot, cremini mushroom, asparagus
- (c) quinoa
- (d) soy vinegar stock
- (e) chinese mustard
- skillet or saute pan
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the sirloin out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the sirloin longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the sirloin (a) to the pan. (Note: if you are preparing 4 or more servings, cook the meat in batches). Season the sirloin with a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to spread the pieces of meat out in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes without stirring, then flip the pieces of sirloin over in the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes. When the sirloin is cooked to your liking, spoon the pieces into a mixing bowl.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the vegetables (b) to the pan. Stir once and then cook for 2 minutes without stirring. After 2 minutes, season lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir once and cook for an additional minute. After the additional minute, add the vegetables to the mixing bowl with the sirloin.
- Return the pan to the heat. Add the brown rice (c) to the pan. Stir once and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- After 1 minute, add the rice to the mixing bowl with the sirloin and vegetables.
- Turn the heat off on the pan and add the soy vinegar and beef stock (d) to the pan. Stir. Put the pan back on the heat and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the chinese mustard (e) to the pan. (Note: the mustard is hot so add as much or as little as you want for your taste). Stir well to incorporate with the soy vinegar.
- Pour the sauce over the sirloin, rice and vegetable mixture in the mixing bowl. Gently stir to incorporate everything together. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- Spoon the mixture on to your serving plates.
No reviews for this recipe yet!