Linguine With Shrimp & Roasted Corn
Linguine tossed with shrimp, roasted corn puree, bacon, spinach, pickled pepper
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) linguine pasta
- (b) bacon, corn, poblano peppers, spanish yellow onion
- (c) marinated diced sweet potato, marinated shrimp
- (d) corn purree
- (e) grated parmesan
- (f) pickled shishito, olive oil
- (g) spinach
- skillet or sauté pan
- medium sauce pot
- wooden spoon
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the shrimp out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the shrimp longer than this recipe card indicates.; Fill a 4-6 quart pot 2/3 full with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water. (The water should taste salty). When the water is boiling, add the linguine (a) to the pot. Cook for 8 minutes over high heat.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour the vegetables and bacon (b) into the skillet. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the vegetables have cooked for 3 minutes, cut open the package of shrimp (c) and add to the skillet. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and then let the shrimp cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- After 1 minute, use a wooden spoon to stir the vegetables and turn the shrimp over. Then turn off the heat but keep the pan on the burner. Add the roasted corn puree (d) to the pan. Stir well to combine the ingredients together.
- At this point, your pasta should be ready. Taste a piece of linguine. If it is cooked to your desired consistency, strain the water from the pasta. Otherwise, cook for another minute.
- Add the cooked linguine to the pan. Stir well to incorporate the pasta with the shrimp and vegetables. Sprinkle 1/2 of the parmesan cheese (e) over the pasta and stir again. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- Spoon the pasta into your serving bowls. Add the remaining parmesan cheese to each bowl. Drizzle the pickled pepper and olive oil (f) on top to finish the dish.
A very delicious pasta!
September 17, 2020