Green Curry Pork
Thai green curry & coconut pork, jasmine rice, peas, carrots, zucchini, fresh herbs
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) jasmine rice
- (b) cut and marinated pork
- (c) eggplant, carrot, peas, zucchini, shishito pepper, spanish yellow onion, garlic, ginger
- (d) coconut curry
- (e) cilantro, basil, mint sprigs
- (f) limes
- skillet or saucepan
- wooden spoon
- serving spoon
- small saucepot & lid / foil
- liquid measuring cup
- For best results, take the pork out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the pork longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Pour the jasmine rice (a) into a small saucepot. Add 1/2 cup of water (per serving) to the rice. Put the saucepot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer. Do not stir. Once simmering, stir the rice three times and then turn down to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, use scissors to cut open the package of pork (b) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat the skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add a tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the pork to the pan. Cook without stirring for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, use a wooden spoon to gently turn each piece of pork over. Cook for another minute. Next add the peas, carrots, eggplant and other vegetables (c) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, remove the pan from the heat and add the coconut curry (d). Put the pan back on the heat and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Bring the mixture up to a simmer / low boil. Once simmering, cook the pork and vegetable curry for 5 minutes.
- While the curry is simmering, place the cilantro, basil and mint (e) on a cutting board. Remove the stems from the leaves and discard the stems. Give the leaves a rough chop.
- At this point, the rice should be ready. Taste the rice and if it is cooked to your preferred consistency, remove from the heat. Spoon on to your serving plates.
- When the curry has finished cooking, spoon on top of the rice. Sprinkle chopped herbs on top. Squeeze the juice from the lime wedges over the dish.
Absolutely delicious! Curry had a kick but the lime toned it down so the kids could handle it.
July 30, 2021