Chicken & Pumpkin Fritters
Roasted chicken breast, pumpkin & chipotle fritters, ramp & green chili crème fraiche
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) pumpkin fritter batter
- (b) flour
- (c) chicken breast, marinated eggplant
- (d) zucchini
- (e) spinach
- (f) green chili & ramp creme fraiche
- skillet or saute pan
- seasoning plate
- 2 serving spoons
- plate lined with paper towel
- cutting board & knife
- mixing bowl
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- If the pumpkin & chipotle fritter batter (a) looks wet or has released water inside the vacuum sealed bag, cut open the bag and pour into a bowl. Sprinkle the extra flour (b) over the batter and stir to incorporate. If the batter does not look wet, discard the flour.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 and 1/2 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan plus a little extra. Use a spoon to drop the fritter batter into the pan, then press down with the back of the spoon to flatten out the fritters. You should have enough for 2 fritters per person. Cook the fritters for 2 and 1/2 minutes. Do not touch them while they are cooking.
- While the fritters are cooking, cut open the package of chicken (c) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. After 2 and 1/2 minutes, flip the fritters over and cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Then remove them from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Keep the skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breast in the pan and sear for 2 minutes. Then flip over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. After searing, put the skillet of chicken in your 425 degree oven for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, pull the skillet out and place on the stove top. Add the fritters to the pan and add the zucchini (d) beside the fritters. Lightly season the zucchini with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then place the skillet back in the oven for another 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the skillet from the oven. Place the chicken on a cutting board to rest and place the fritters on your serving plates.
- Leave the zucchini in the pan and put on your stovetop over no heat. Add the spinach (e) to the pan and lightly season with salt and pepper. Stir a few times and then spoon the zucchini and spinach beside the fritters. Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch thick slices and place on top of the zucchini and spinach. Use a spoon to drizzle the ramp & green chili creme fraiche (f) over the dish.
Zombie Dust Pale Ale From 3 Floyd's
No reviews for this recipe yet!