Chicken With Squash & Pear Soup
Roasted chicken breast, butternut squash and pear soup, blue cheese, toasted pecans
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) chicken breast, marinated cauliflower
- (b) blue cheese
- (c) celery root
- (d) squash and pear soup
- (e) baby kale
- (f) savory crumble
- skillet or saute pan
- small saucepot
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut open the package of chicken (a) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken to the pan and sear for 2 minutes, then turn over and sear the other side for 2 minutes.
- After searing, place the skillet of chicken in your 425 degree oven for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, remove the skillet from the oven. Place the blue cheese (b) on top of the chicken and add the celery root (c) to the skillet beside the chicken. Put the skillet back in the oven and bake for 3 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, pour the pear & squash soup (d) into a small saucepot. Place the pot on the stove over low heat and bring the soup up to a simmer, stirring occasionally. If the soup starts to get very thick, add 1 tbsp of water (for every 2 servings you are making). When the soup has reached a simmer / low boil, turn the heat off and cover the pot with a lid. Keep the pot on the burner.
- When the chicken with blue cheese and celery root has baked for 3 minutes, remove the skillet from the oven and place the chicken on a cutting board to rest. Put the skillet of celery root on the stovetop over no heat. Add the baby kale (e) to the pan and gently stir for 1-2 minutes until the kale is wilted.
- Spoon the celery root and kale mixture onto your serving plates. Spoon the savory pecan and oat crumble (f) on top of the vegetables. Slice the chicken into 1/2 inch thick slices and place beside the vegetables. Pour the soup beside the chicken. Drizzle the herb oil (g) on top of the soup.
We had the veggie version and was delicious
October 17, 2020