Brisket Taco With Giardiniera
Braised brisket taco, local giardiniera, guajillo chile, napa slaw, chihuahua cheese, corn tortillas
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) red onion, rutabaga
- (b) napa cabbage
- (c) giardiniera
- (d) red chile dressing
- (e) braised brisket, guajillo chile sauce, chayote
- (f) corn tortilla
- (g) chihuahua cheese
- mixing bowl & spoon
- skillet or saute pan
- serving spoon
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the brisket out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the brisket longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the red onion and rutabaga (a) to the pan and lightly season with salt and pepper. Saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the onion and rutabaga is cooking, add the napa cabbage (b) and giardiniera (c) to a mixing bowl. Pour the dressing (d) over top. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to coat the napa with the dressing and set aside.
- When the onion and rutabaga have cooked for 4 minutes, add the brisket (e) to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Stir well to spread out the brisket in the pan and mix in with the vegetables. Cook for 4 minutes.
- While the brisket and vegetables are cooking, open the package of corn tortillas (f). Wrap them up in a dish towel or paper towel and warm them in your microwave for 30-60 seconds. Place the warm tortillas on a plate.
- When the brisket and vegetables have finished cooking, spoon into a serving bowl. Place the bowl beside the plate of tortillas and the bowl of napa slaw. Put out a small bowl for the chihuahua cheese (g). Line up the ingredients so everyone can assemble their own tacos.
September 18, 2020
One of my favorite meals by far! Great combo, and a good "Chicago" meal w/ the giardiniera!
September 18, 2020