Chicken & Cacio E Pepe Risotto
Risotto with pecorino cheese, truffle oil & black pepper butter, pan roasted chicken, greens, fig walnut vinaigrette
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) chicken breast, celery root
- (b) parmesan stock
- (c) par cooked risotto
- (d) greens
- (e) red onion
- (f) fig walnut vinaigrette
- (g) black pepper butter, grated pecorino cheese
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Heat a medium-sized saucepot over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pot has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pot. Cut open the package of chicken (a) and add to the pot. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and use a wooden spoon to break apart the pieces of chicken. Cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- After 1 minute, stir the chicken to make sure it is not sticking to the bottom of the saucepot. Cook for 1 more minute. Then, take the pot off the heat and add the parmesan stock (b) to the pot. Return the saucepot to medium-high heat.and bring the mixture up to a simmer.
- When the chicken and stock is simmering, add the risotto (c) to the pot. Stir gently with a wooden spoon to separate any chunks of risotto and combine the risotto with the stock. Bring the risotto up to a simmer without stirring.
- Once the risotto has reached a simmer, turn the heat down so that it is just lightly simmering with occasional bubbles. Stir almost constantly for 10 minutes or until 80% of the liquid is absorbed.
- At times when you are not stirring the risotto, add the greens (d) and red onion (e) to a mixing bowl. Drizzle the fig walnut vinaigrette (f) over top and toss lightly with tongs to incorporate. Taste and add salt and pepper if you wish.
- After 10 minutes or when 80% of the liquid has been absorbed, turn off the heat on the risotto. Add the black pepper butter and pecorino cheese (g) to the pot. Stir well to incorporate into the risotto. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- Spoon the risotto on to your serving plates. Serve the salad on the side.
The celery root vegetarian version is so good. I liked the texture of the celery root with the risotto. The dish was flavorful, hearty, and filling. The salad has a very tasty dressing and is a nice complement to the richness of the risotto. I'm not vegetarian, but like to find good meatless dishes for variety. I really enjoyed this dish. My family also liked the chicken version.