Holiday Braised Chicken Dinner
Braised chicken, red wine jus, truffled risotto, roasted winter vegetables, blue cheese and apple salad
0 / 5
- (a) celery root, turnip, parsnip, carrot
- (b) red wine jus
- (c) chicken breast
- (d) parmesan stock
- (e) par cooked risotto
- (f) truffle butter, grated parmesan, parsley, chives
- large saute pan + lid or aluminum foil to cover
- medium saute pan
- 2 wooden spoons
- small or medium saucepan
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Heat a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 2 tbsp of oil to the pan. Add the roasted winter vegetables (a) to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Saute for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, turn the heat off and add the red wine jus (b) to the pan. Turn the heat back on to medium-high and bring up to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to medium or low to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken (c) to the pan and sear for 2 minutes. Then use tongs to flip the chicken over and sear on the other side for 2 minutes. (If you are preparing 4+ servings, sear both sides for 3 minutes). When the winter vegetables have simmered for 8 minutes, add the chicken to the saute pan with the vegetables.
- Use a serving spoon to baste the chicken by scooping juice from the pan and pouring the juice over the chicken. When the vegetables and chicken have simmered for 1-2 minutes, baste the chicken once more. Cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil and place in your 425 degree oven. Bake for 7 minutes (if making 4+ servings, bake for 10 minutes).
- While the chicken is in the oven, place a saucepot on the stove over no heat. Add the parmesan stock (d) to the pot. Turn the heat on and bring the stock up to a simmer. Once simmering, add the risotto (e) to the pot. Stir and gently separate all of the risotto and return to a simmer.
- When the chicken has finished baking, remove from the oven and reserve to the side while you finish the risotto. Stir regularly for 10 minutes or until 80% of the liquid is absorbed.
- After 80% of the liquid has been absorbed, turn the heat off. Add the truffled butter with herbs and parmesan (f) and stir to incorporate. Taste and add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Slice the chicken breast into 1/2 inch thick slices. Spoon the risotto onto your serving plates and place the chicken breast and vegetables on top. Serve the blue cheese and apple salad on the side.
No reviews for this recipe yet!