Moroccan Salmon & Fritters
Moroccan spiced salmon, lentil & garbanzo fritter, eggplant, zucchini, harissa aioli
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) lentil and garbanzo cake batter
- (b) eggplant, zucchini, red onion
- (c) moroccan spice crust
- (d) salmon, broccoli crowns
- (e) harissa aioli
- skillet or sauté pan
- serving spoon
- baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the salmon out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the salmon longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Stir the lentil & garbanzo cake batter (a) in the container. Then use a large spoon to drop large scoops of batter into the pan. (You will have enough to make 2 cakes / person). Lightly press the cakes down with the back of a spoon and sear for 1 and 1/2 minutes. Then use a spatula to gently flip the cakes over and sear for an additional 1 and 1/2 minutes. After searing both sides, place the lentil cakes onto a baking tray lined with parchment or foil.
- Add the vegetables (b) to the pan and season lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 2 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and spoon the vegetables onto the baking tray next to the lentil & garbanzo cakes and set aside.
- Place the moroccan spice crust (c) on a plate. Use scissors to open the package of salmon (d). Press the presentation / nice-looking side of the salmon into the crust firmly until it is coated.
- Place the baking tray with the lentil & garbanzo cakes and vegetables into your 425 degree oven. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat for 90 seconds. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. Place the salmon into the pan with the crusted, presentation side down. Sear the salmon for 3 and 1/2 minutes. Then use a spatula to flip the salmon over. Sear the other side for 1 minute. After 1 minute, turn the heat off.
- At this point, the lentil & garbanzo cakes and the vegetables should be ready. Remove the baking tray from the oven.
- Use a spatula to place the salmon and lentil & garbanzo cakes on to your serving plates. Spoon the vegetables beside the salmon. Drizzle the harissa aioli (e) over the entire dish.
September 17, 2020
October 17, 2020
October 17, 2020