Moroccan Salmon & Fritters
Moroccan spiced salmon, lentil & garbanzo fritter, eggplant, zucchini, harissa aioli
5 / 5
- (a) lentil and garbanzo cake batter
- (b) eggplant, zucchini, red onion
- (c) moroccan spice crust
- (d) salmon, broccoli crowns
- (e) harissa aioli
- skillet or sauté pan
- serving spoon
- baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the salmon out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the salmon longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Stir the lentil & garbanzo cake batter (a) in the container. Then use a large spoon to drop large scoops of batter into the pan. (You will have enough to make 2 cakes / person). Lightly press the cakes down with the back of a spoon and sear for 1 and 1/2 minutes. Then use a spatula to gently flip the cakes over and sear for an additional 1 and 1/2 minutes. After searing both sides, place the lentil cakes onto a baking tray lined with parchment or foil.
- Add the vegetables (b) to the pan and season lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 2 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and spoon the vegetables onto the baking tray next to the lentil & garbanzo cakes and set aside.
- Place the moroccan spice crust (c) on a plate. Use scissors to open the package of salmon (d). Press the presentation / nice-looking side of the salmon into the crust firmly until it is coated.
- Place the baking tray with the lentil & garbanzo cakes and vegetables into your 425 degree oven. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat for 90 seconds. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. Place the salmon into the pan with the crusted, presentation side down. Sear the salmon for 3 and 1/2 minutes. Then use a spatula to flip the salmon over. Sear the other side for 1 minute. After 1 minute, turn the heat off.
- At this point, the lentil & garbanzo cakes and the vegetables should be ready. Remove the baking tray from the oven.
- Use a spatula to place the salmon and lentil & garbanzo cakes on to your serving plates. Spoon the vegetables beside the salmon. Drizzle the harissa aioli (e) over the entire dish.
May 12, 2018