Trout With Quinoa & Pecans
Steelhead trout, quinoa, kale, pecan nut butter, orange vinaigrette
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) pickled fennel, red onion, celery
- (b) baby kale
- (c) quinoa
- (d) pecan butter
- (e) trout fillet, broccoli
- (f) orange vinaigrette
- skillet or saute pan
- seasoning plate
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the fish out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the trout longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the celery, red onion & fennel (a) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. After 1 minute, add the kale (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- After 1 minute, add the quinoa (c) and pecan nut butter (d) to the pan. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Then pour the quinoa, vegetable and nut butter mixture into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cut open the package of trout (e) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Carefully wipe out the skillet you were using and put back on the stove over medium-high heat for 1 minute. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place the trout in the pan, dragging it across the pan with the presentation side down. Be sure to drag the fish away from you to avoid oil splashing. Sear the trout for 3 minutes. Then use a spatula to flip the trout over and turn the heat off. Let the trout sit in the pan while you finish the dish.
- Add half of the orange vinaigrette (f) to the quinoa, vegetable and nut butter mixture. Gently stir to incorporate. Taste and add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Spoon the quinoa and vegetable mixture on to your serving plates. Place the trout on top. Drizzle the remaining half of the orange vinaigrette over the entire dish.
Fantastic and very filling for 515 calories!
September 17, 2020
September 17, 2020