Steak With Pancetta, Potatoes And Tomatoes
Flank steak, oven dried tomatoes, roasted pancetta & potatoes, arugula, herb aioli
0 / 5
- (a) roma tomato
- (b) fingerling potato
- (c) leeks, pancetta
- (d) flat iron steak, portobello
- (e) arugula
- (f) herb aioli
- skillet or saute pan
- baking tray with foil
- mixing bowl
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the steak out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the steak longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut the roma tomatoes (a) into quarters. Place on a baking tray lined with foil. Drizzle 1 tsp of oil (per 2 servings) over the tomatoes and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the baking tray into the oven for 8 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are in the oven, drain the water from the potatoes (b) using the lid of the container. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the potatoes in the pan - spread them out so that each piece of potato is touching the bottom of the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sear the potatoes for 2 minutes without stirring, then flip them over. Add the leeks and pancetta (c) to the pan. Season lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and saute for 30 seconds.
- When the tomatoes have baked for 8 minutes, remove the baking tray from the oven. Add the potatoes, leeks and pancetta to the tray. Put the tray back into the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Wipe out the pan you were using. Cut open the package of flat iron steak (d) and place onto a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the steak to the pan and sear for 2 minutes, then flip the steak over and sear for another 2 minutes. (This will cook the steak to medium-rare. For medium, add 30 seconds to each side). After searing, place the skillet into your 425 degree oven and bake for 4 minutes.
- Add the baby arugula (e) to a mixing bowl and pour the herb aioli (f) on top. Season lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Do not toss.
- When the steak has finished cooking, remove the skillet from the oven and place the steak on a cutting board to rest. Remove the baking tray from the oven and place the potatoes, leeks and tomatoes into the bowl with the arugula. Gently toss everything together.
- Spoon the vegetables into the middle of your serving plates. Slice the steak into 1/2-inch thick slices and place on top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!