Spanish paella, andouille sausage, chili marinated shrimp, squash, tomato stock
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) poblano pepper, red onion, carrot, andouille sausage
- (b) pimenton stock
- (c) zucchini, yellow squash
- (d) par cooked risotto
- (e) marinated shrimp
- (f) scallion, oregano
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the shrimp out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the shrimp longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add a generous tbsp of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan plus a little extra.
- Add the sofrito & andouille sausage (a) to the pan. Stir and saute for 1 minute. Then remove the pan from the heat and add the pimenton stock (b) and the zucchini and squash (c) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and stir well to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Keep the pan off the heat and add the carnaroli risotto (d) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and stir. Then add the shrimp (e) to the pan and season again with a pinch of salt. Stir well to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Put the pan back on the burner over medium-low. Stir constantly for 1 minute, with the goal of spreading everything out evenly in the pan.
- After stirring, put the skillet of paella in your preheated 425 degree oven and bake for 14 minutes.
- While the paella is cooking, place the oregano and scallion (f) on a cutting board. Pick the stems off the oregano and give both the oregano and scallion a rough chop.
- When the paella has baked for 14 minutes, remove from the oven. Spoon onto your serving plates. Sprinkle the chopped oregano and scallion on top.
Really yummy. Had to cook it in the oven for about 30min longer, but that's because we like the crust on top and no juices. (We had 3 servings.) Good amount of shrimp!
Excellent paella with a nice kick from the andouille. Very easy to create and presented beautifully, as we find with all M&R recipes.