Fish & Chips
Horseradish crusted tilapia, crispy potatoes, arugula, malt vinegar & tomato dressing, roasted garlic aioli
0 / 5
- (a) par cooked yukon gold potatoes
- (b) rice flour
- (c) tilapia
- (d) horseradish crust
- (e) arugula
- (f) malt vinegar & tomato dressing
- (g) roasted garlic aioli
- skillet or sauté pan
- seasoning plate
- baking tray with foil
- mixing bowl
- For best results, take the tilapia out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the fish longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. While the pan is warming up, pour the potatoes (a) into a mixing bowl. Add the rice flour (b) to the bowl. Toss the potatoes until they are evenly coated with flour.
- When the pan has warmed up, add a generous tbsp of oil or enough to fully coat the bottom of the pan. Add the potatoes to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Sear for 3 minutes, then use tongs to turn the potatoes over and sear the other side for 1 minute. After searing, place the potatoes on a baking tray lined with foil. Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Wipe the mixing bowl and the skillet with a paper towel or cloth so they can be used again in this recipe.
- Cut open the package of tilapia (c) and place on a plate with the nice-looking / presentation side facing up. Season both sides of the fish with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the horseradish crust (d) over the presentation side of the fish. Press down on the crust with your hands so that it sticks to the fish.
- Heat the skillet you used before for 90 seconds over medium-high heat. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the fish in the pan with the crust side down. Sear for 90 seconds, then use a spatula to flip the tilapia over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. After searing, turn the heat off but let the fish sit in the pan while you make the salad.
- Pour the arugula (e) and 1/2 of the malt vinegar & tomato dressing (f) into the mixing bowl you used before. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss and place a portion of salad on each serving plate. Place the tilapia beside the salad.
- When the potatoes have finished baking, pull them from the oven and place on your serving plates beside the salad and fish. Pour the garlic aioli (g) and remaining tomato dressing into two separate small bowls to use as dipping sauces.
No reviews for this recipe yet!