Pepper Jack Biscuits
Bake-your-own pepper jack biscuits, honey butter (serves 2)
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) parchment paper
- (b) flour, salt, baking powder, cheddar, poblano
- (c) butter
- (d) buttermilk
- (e) honey butter
- baking tray
- mixing bowl
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Place the parchment paper (a) on a baking tray. Pour the dry mix (b) into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter (c) to the mixing bowl. Toss the dry mix and the butter together. Use a spoon or your hands and knead the butter into the flour until the butter pieces are pea-sized.
- Form a â€œwellâ€ or clear space in the center of the bowl of dry mix and butter. Pour the buttermilk (d) into the bowl. Use a fork to slowly combine the milk with the flour and butter. If the mixture appears too dry, add a splash of milk from your refrigerator.
- When the milk is incorporated, pick up the dough with your hands and gently knead it for 30 seconds. Each order of biscuits will make two biscuits. Divide the mixture in half (if you have 1 order), or divide into four pieces (if you have 2 orders). Form imperfect circles (about 1 inch thick).
- Place the pieces of dough on the parchment lined baking tray and put in your preheated 325 degree oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- When the scones have finished baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Spread the honey butter (e) over the biscuits.
No reviews for this recipe yet!