Lemongrass & Coconut Soup With Prawns
Lemongrass and coconut soup, prawns, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli, rice vermicelli noodles
0 / 5
- (a) marinated prawns
- (b) cremini mushroom, broccoli, poblano peppers
- (c) lemongrass & coconut soup
- (d) rice noodles
- (e) cilantro, mint
- large saucepot
- medium saucepot
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the prawns out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the prawns longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a large saucepot 2/3 full with water. Season the water with 1 tbsp of salt. Put the pot on the stovetop over high heat and bring the water up to a boil. When the water is boiling, start step #3.
- Heat a medium-sized saucepot over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pot has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pot. Use scissors to cut open the package of prawns (a) and add them to the pot. Then add the mushrooms, broccoli and peppers (b) to the pot. Season lightly with a pinch of salt. Cook for 90 seconds then stir and remove from the heat.
- Add the soup (c) to the pot with the prawns and vegetables. Stir and then return the pot to medium-high heat. Bring the soup up to a simmer / low boil.
- When the soup is simmering, add the rice noodles (d) to the larger pot of boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the noodles are cooking, keep stirring the soup occasionally. When the noodles have cooked for 2 minutes, strain the water. Use a fork to divide the noodles evenly into your serving bowls.
- Add the cilantro and mint (e) to the noodles in the bowls. Ladle the soup over the noodles and herbs.
- *Note: we carefully strain the lemongrass however very small pieces of lemongrass will still be present in the soup. These are not hairs or inedible objects, simply the fibers of the lemongrass which are safe to consume.
Loved, loved, loved this dish. Please bring it back, Chef Josh!
Once again, one of my very most favorite recipes from Madison & Rayne. Can't wait to have it again!