Pumpkin Tortellini With Braised Pork
Pumpkin tortellini, braised pork, brown butter, toasted almonds, pickled green apple
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) pasta wrapper
- (b) pumpkin mascarpone filling
- (c) butter, sage, almonds
- (d) radicchio, red onion, garlic
- (e) chili roasted pork shoulder, cremini mushroom
- (f) pickled green apple
- 4-6 quart saucepot
- skillet or sauté pan
- wooden spoon
- serving spoon
- cutting board
- small bowl of water
- For best results, take the pork out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the pork longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a 4-6 quart saucepot 2/3 full with water. If you are preparing 4+ servings, you may need a larger pot. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt. (The water should taste salty). Bring to a boil and then start step #3.
- Open the package of pasta wrappers (a) and lay them out on a cutting board. Fill a small bowl with water and place it near the cutting board. Open the package of pumpkin & mascarpone filling (b). Take a spoonful of filling (a little larger than a hershey kiss) and place in the center of each pasta wrapper.
- Take your pointer finger and dip it into the water. Trace two adjacent edges of the pasta wrapper with your damp finger. Fold the pasta wrapper over diagonally, creating a triangle. Then create an indent in the center of the longest side of the triangle and pull the two corners together. Gently press down on the edges to seal, making sure the filling stays intact. Set the tortellini aside until step #7.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the butter, sage and almonds (c) to the pan. Cook for 30-60 seconds, stirring constantly until the butter turns brown and smells like almonds.
- Add the radicchio, garlic and onion (d) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 60 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the pork (e) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break up the pork into smaller pieces. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the pork is cooking, add the tortellini to the pot of salted, boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes. Be sure to place the tortellini into the pot one at a time so they don’t stick together. Strain the tortellini gently and add to the saute pan of pork and vegetables. Stir gently to mix the ingredients together.
- Spoon the pork and tortellini mixture onto your serving plates. Spoon pickled green apple (f) on top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!