Salmon With Potato Latkes
Pan seared salmon with potato latkes, dill creme fraiche, pickled beet & arugula salad
5 / 5
- (a) latke
- (b) pickled beets
- (c) greens
- (d) mustard vinaigrette
- (e) salmon
- (f) lemon dill creme fraiche
- plate for latkes
- skillet or sauté pan
- mixing bowl
- salad tongs
- foil-lined baking tray
- plate lined w/ paper towel
- seasoning plate
- For best results, take the salmon out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the fish longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Open the package of latke batter (a) and form into equal sized balls (about the size of a golf ball). You should have enough batter to make 2 balls per serving. Set the balls of batter on a plate.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add a generous amount of oil to the pan
- enough to coat the bottom of the pan plus extra. Place the latke balls into the pan. Using the back of a spatula, press the latkes down into 1/2 inch thick cakes. Saute for 3 minutes, then flip over and saute the other side for 3 minutes. (Cook them one or two at a time). Place the latkes on a foil-lined baking tray. Bake in your 425 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- While the latkes are baking, pour the pickled beets (b) and greens (c) into a mixing bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the mustard vinaigrette (d) on top but do not toss.
- Use scissors to cut open the package of salmon (e) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Carefully wipe out the saute pan you used for the latkes. Return the pan to medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place the salmon in the pan and sear for 3 and 1/2 minutes. Then, use a spatula to flip the salmon over and sear on the other side for 1 minute. (If you are preparing 4+ servings, sear the other side for 2 minutes). After searing, place the salmon on a plate lined with paper towel.
- When the latkes have baked for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and let them rest on the baking tray.
- Toss the salad and spoon onto your serving plates. Place the salmon and latkes beside the salad and serve the lemon & dill creme fraiche (f) on the side.
This was amazing, favorite recipe of the week. So flavorful and easy. The salmon was very high quality, we really enjoyed. Great meal for entertaining!
April 22, 2020