Salmon With Potato Latkes
Pan seared salmon with potato latkes, dill creme fraiche, pickled beet & arugula salad
0 / 5
- (a) latke
- (b) pickled beets
- (c) greens
- (d) mustard vinaigrette
- (e) salmon
- (f) lemon dill creme fraiche
- plate for latkes
- skillet or sauté pan
- mixing bowl
- salad tongs
- foil-lined baking tray
- plate lined w/ paper towel
- seasoning plate
- For best results, take the salmon out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the fish longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Open the package of latke batter (a) and form into equal sized balls (about the size of a golf ball). You should have enough batter to make 2 balls per serving. Set the balls of batter on a plate.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add a generous amount of oil to the pan
- enough to coat the bottom of the pan plus extra. Place the latke balls into the pan. Using the back of a spatula, press the latkes down into 1/2 inch thick cakes. Saute for 3 minutes, then flip over and saute the other side for 3 minutes. (Cook them one or two at a time). Place the latkes on a foil-lined baking tray. Bake in your 425 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- While the latkes are baking, pour the pickled beets (b) and greens (c) into a mixing bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the mustard vinaigrette (d) on top but do not toss.
- Use scissors to cut open the package of salmon (e) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Carefully wipe out the saute pan you used for the latkes. Return the pan to medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place the salmon in the pan and sear for 3 and 1/2 minutes. Then, use a spatula to flip the salmon over and sear on the other side for 1 minute. (If you are preparing 4+ servings, sear the other side for 2 minutes). After searing, place the salmon on a plate lined with paper towel.
- When the latkes have baked for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and let them rest on the baking tray.
- Toss the salad and spoon onto your serving plates. Place the salmon and latkes beside the salad and serve the lemon & dill creme fraiche (f) on the side.
No reviews for this recipe yet!