Pappardelle & Smoked Pork Shoulder
Pappardelle pasta, smoked pork shoulder, mushrooms, fresh basil, black truffle sauce
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) broccoli, cremini mushroom
- (b) carrot, smoked pork shoulder
- (c) pappardelle pasta
- (d) basil, parsley
- (e) truffle sauce
- (f) farm egg
- (g) grated parmesan
- 4-6 quart pot
- skillet or sauté pan
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- For best results, take the pork out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the pork longer than this recipe card indicates. Fill a 4-6 quart pot 2/3 full with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water
- (the water should taste salty).
- When the water has almost reached boiling, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the mushrooms (a) to the pan. Season and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Then add the pork (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and stir. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and let the mushroom and pork mixture rest in the pan. Then add the pappardelle (c) to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 6 minutes or until it has reached your preferred consistency.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the basil and parsley (d) on a cutting board. Pick the stems from the leaves and discard. Give the leaves a rough chop (run your knife over the herbs 3-4 times).
- When the pasta is done, strain and pour back into the empty pot. Spoon the pork, mushrooms and chopped herbs into the pot as well. Pour the truffle sauce (e) over the pasta and stir well. Let the pasta sit off the heat while you prepare the eggs.
- Wipe out the saute pan you used for the pork. Heat the pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 3 tbsp of oil to the pan. Crack the eggs (f) into the saute pan and fry for 3 minutes without touching them, then place on a plate. (If you have more than 2 eggs, we suggest making in batches).
- Move the pot of pasta and pork back over medium heat. Warm up for 90 seconds, stirring occasionally. Then spoon the pasta into your serving bowls and add the egg on top. Sprinkle the parmesan (g) over top. Break the egg before eating.
Barbera De Alba
No reviews for this recipe yet!