Parmesan Crusted Chicken With Caponata
Parmesan crusted chicken breast, caponata, israeli couscous, spinach
5 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) chicken breast, marinated zucchini
- (b) buttermilk marinade
- (c) grana herb crust
- (d) raw israeli couscous
- (e) caponata
- (f) spinach
- 4-6 quart pot
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- cutting board & knife
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the chicken out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the chicken longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot 2/3 of the way full with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water. (The water should taste salty). Bring the water up to a boil. Once the water is boiling, start step #3.
- Cut open the package of chicken (a) and place on a plate. Season both sides of the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the buttermilk marinade (b) over the chicken and flip the chicken over a few times to coat the chicken with the marinade. Then pour 1/2 of the parmesan herb crust (c) on one side of the chicken. Use your hands to spread it around and press it down onto the chicken. Flip the chicken over and pour the remaining crust on top, again spreading it evenly and pressing the crust down.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken breast to the pan and sear for 2 minutes. Then turn over and sear the other side for 2 minutes.After searing, place the skillet of chicken in your 425 degree oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, pour the couscous (d) into the pot of boiling water. Stir well. Cook for 4 minutes, then pour into a strainer and set aside while you finish the dish.
- Take the pot you used for the couscous, and put on the stovetop over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the caponata (e) to the pot and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At this point, the chicken should be ready. Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board to rest.
- When the caponata has cooked for 3 minutes, turn off the heat and add the cooked couscous and baby spinach (f) to the pot of caponata. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently stir to incorporate the ingredients together. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- Spoon the caponata and couscous onto your serving plates. Slice the chicken into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on top.
September 17, 2020