Shrimp Chimichurri Tacos
Shrimp tacos, chimichurri, pickled red onion, kale slaw, chickpea & roasted red pepper dip, corn tortillas
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) corn tortilla
- (b) carrot, poblano peppers, pickled red onion
- (c) baby kale
- (d) chimichurri creme fraiche
- (e) marinated shrimp, marinated sweet potato
- (f) roasted red pepper chickpea dip
- baking tray with foil
- cutting board & knife
- medium mixing bowl
- saute pan or skillet
- wooden spoon
- 2 small spoons
- towel / paper towel
- For best results, take the shrimp out of the refrigerator 5 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the shrimp longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Take 1/3 of the tortillas (a) out of the package and cut into quarters to make chips. Line a baking tray with foil and place each tortilla wedge individually on the tray. Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil (per 2 servings) onto the foil and tortilla wedges. Turn the wedges over and drizzle with another tbsp of oil. Season with a generous pinch of salt. Place the baking tray into your 425 degree oven and bake for 6 minutes.
- Add the slaw vegetables (b) and pickled red onion (c) to a mixing bowl. Season lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss. Add the chimichurri creme fraiche (d) to the bowl. Toss. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- After the chips have baked for 6 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and turn each tortilla wedge over. Return the tray to the oven and bake for an additional 6 minutes.
- While the chips are baking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Use scissors to cut open the package of shrimp (e) and place the shrimp into the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook without stirring for 90 seconds.
- After 90 seconds, flip the shrimp over and cook for an additional 30 seconds (or until the shrimp is opaque). When the cook time is up, remove the pan from the heat and leave the shrimp in the pan until ready to serve.
- When the chips are ready, remove the baking tray from the oven and set aside. Wrap the remaining tortillas in a towel or paper towel and heat in your microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour the roasted red pepper and chickpea dip (f) into a serving bowl. We recommend that tacos be self-serve. Line up all of the ingredients from left to right: warm tortillas, cooked shrimp, kale slaw, dip and chips.
No reviews for this recipe yet!