Sirloin Lo Mein
Family-friendly meal: ginger marinated sirloin, stir fry broccoli & carrots, udon noodles
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) marinated tofu, ginger, garlic, marinated sirloin
- (b) broccoli, carrot, eggplant
- (c) ginger sherry sauce
- (d) udon noodles
- (e) sesame seeds
- 4-6 quart pot
- skillet or saute pan
- wooden spoon
- For best results, take the sirloin out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the sirloin longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Fill a 4-6 quart pot with water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water. (The water should taste salty). Bring the water up to a boil and then start step #3.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut open the package of sirloin (a) and place in the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sear for 90 seconds, then turn each piece of sirloin over and sear the other side for 90 seconds. After searing, place the meat in a large mixing bowl.
- Return the skillet to the heat and warm the pan up for 60 seconds. Add another 1/2 tbsp of oil to the pan. Add the vegetables (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 3 minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Pour the ginger sherry sauce (c) over the vegetables. Add the sirloin back into the pan and bring the mixture up to a simmer. Once simmering, let the mixture cook for 30 seconds. Then turn the heat off but keep the skillet on the stovetop while you cook the noodles.
- Add the lo mein noodles (d) to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes. Strain the water from the noodles and add them back to the pot they were cooked in. Put the pot over high heat. Pour the sirloin and vegetables on top of the noodles and gently mix with tongs or a wooden spoon. Cook for 90 seconds over high heat, stirring occasionally. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- Spoon the sirloin lo mein on to your serving plates. Sprinkle sesame seeds (e) over top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!