Family-friendly meal: green chili turkey chili, fresh corn, white beans, cilantro, lime creme fraiche
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) ground turkey, sweet potato
- (b) corn, fresno chile, anaheim peppers, poblano peppers, garlic, spanish yellow onion
- (c) cooked flageolet beans
- (d) kale salsa verde
- (e) cilantro
- (f) lime creme fraiche
- skillet or sauté pan
- wooden spoon
- measuring cup
- For best results, take the ground turkey out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the turkey longer than this recipe card indicates.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut open the package of ground turkey (a) and place in the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat up into bite-sized pieces. Cook for 4-6 minutes (or until the turkey is golden brown), stirring occasionally.
- When the turkey is golden brown, add the corn, peppers, onion and garlic (b) to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 minutes, add the beans (c) to the pan. Stir well to incorporate the ingredients together. Then remove the pan from the heat. Add the kale salsa verde (d) to the pan, plus add 1 cup of water for each serving you are preparing. Bring the mixture up to a simmer. Once the chili is simmering, adjust the heat to medium or medium-low to maintain a simmer / low boil. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. If the liquid evaporates, add a bit more water.
- When the chili has finished cooking, taste and add more salt and pepper if you wish. Spoon the chili into your serving bowls. Garnish with cilantro (e) and spoon a dollop of lime creme fraiche (f) on top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!