Pork Tikka Masala
Pork in tikka masala sauce, roasted broccoli, jasmine rice, pita bread, cucumber yogurt sauce
0 / 5
Leave A Review
- (a) jasmine rice
- (b) pork chop, red potatoes
- (c) broccoli
- (d) tika masala sauce
- (e) pita
- (f) cucumber yogurt sauce
- saucepot with lid
- wooden spoon
- skillet or sauté pan
- dish towel or paper towel
- serving spoon
- For best results, take the pork out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the pork longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Pour the jasmine rice (a) into a small saucepot. Add 1/2 cup of water (for each serving you are preparing) to the rice. Put the saucepot over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer. Do not stir. Once simmering, stir the rice three times and then turn the heat down to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, cut open the package of pork chops (b) and place on a plate. Season the pork on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Put the pork in the pan and sear for 3 minutes, then flip over and sear the other side for 3 minutes. After searing, place the pork chops on a plate until they are ready to go into the oven in step #4.
- If the pan looks dry, add more oil to the pan. Pour the cauliflower (c) into the pan. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the pork chops back to the pan. Pour the tikka masala sauce (d) over the cauliflower and pork. Use a wooden spoon to gently stir and coat the pork and cauliflower with the sauce. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 6 minutes.
- When the rice is ready, remove from the heat and set aside until you finish preparing the dish.
- After 6 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and place the pork on a cutting board to rest. Spoon the cauliflower and tikka masala sauce into a serving bowl. Spoon the rice into a separate serving bowl.
- Cut open the package of tortillas (e). Wrap them up in a dish towel or paper towel and warm them in your microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Slice the pork into 1/2 inch slices.
- We suggest spooning some rice into a tortilla, then scooping a few pieces of pork and cauliflower tikka masala over the rice. Drizzle cucumber yogurt dressing (f) on top.
No reviews for this recipe yet!