Carne Asada With Green Posole
Flank steak, green posole broth, hominy, chili peppers, shaved radish
0 / 5
- (a) spanish yellow onion, poblano peppers, garlic
- (b) green posole broth
- (c) hominy
- (d) flank steak, marinated butternut squash
- (e) cilantro
- (f) red radish
- 4-6 quart saucepot
- wooden spoon
- seasoning plate
- skillet or saute pan
- cutting board & knife
- soup ladle
- For best results, take the steak out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before starting to cook. If you skip this step, you may need to cook the steak longer than this recipe card indicates. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Heat a 4-6 quart saucepot over medium heat for 2 minutes. When the pot has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pot. Add the peppers, onion and garlic (a) to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- After 2 minutes, remove the pot from the heat. Add the green posole broth (b) to the pot and bring up to a simmer. Once the broth has reached a simmer, add the hominy (c) to the pot. Simmer on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- While the posole is simmering, cut open the package of steak (d) and place on a plate. Season on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. When the pan has warmed up, add 1 tbsp of oil or enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the steak in the pan and sear for 2 minutes, then flip over and sear the other side for 2 minutes.
- After searing both sides, place the skillet of steak in your 425 degree oven. Bake for 4 minutes.
- While the steak is cooking, remove the stems from the cilantro (e) and discard. Set the cilantro leaves aside for later.
- After 4 minutes, pull the skillet from the oven and place the steak on a cutting board to rest for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the posole into your serving bowls. Slice the steak into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on top. Garnish with cilantro leaves and radish (f).
No reviews for this recipe yet!